Malpass Scholars Program
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Commitment to service
- Majoring in Finance in the Mendoza College of Business
$25,000 per year for four years
- Professional mentoring from Notre Dame's Senior Investment team, including its Chief Investment Officer
- Enrollment in the Applied Investment Management and Global Portfolio Management courses (with faculty approval)
- Internship in University of Notre Dame Investment Office
- Placement in a summer internship at an investment firm
- Funding for Chartered Financial Analysis exam preparation and registration
Malpass Scholars are required to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Malpass scholarships are awarded independently of any Financial Aid that students may qualify for and receive. The availability of the scholarship and status will typically end four years from the date of initial enrollment as a merit scholar and will not be extended to additional semesters to account for any semesters during which the student was not a merit scholar. If students were enrolled as part of a five-year BA program, the scholarship will apply to the full five years.
The Malpass scholarship is awarded based on academic intent. If the recipient decides to change their academic intent, they must notify the Faculty Director of the Notre Dame Scholars' Program after three semesters of study in order to switch to another scholarship. Scholars will be moved to another merit scholarship program with the equivalent tuition scholarship award.
If recipients are dismissed from the University for disciplinary reasons, including academic dishonesty, they will lose the scholarship and status as a scholar and will not be reconsidered.