The Hesburgh-Yusko Scholars Program
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Commitment to service
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Exemplary moral character
- Open to students from any college or major
$25,000 per year for four years
- All Hesburgh-Yusko scholars are required to participate in four Summer Enrichment Experiences – Wilderness Leadership, Social Justice, Global Inquiry, and Professional Venture
- After participation in a one-week Wilderness Leadership Outward Bound course alongside other merit scholars before freshman year, each scholar receives up to $5,000 per summer to design an eight-week Summer Enrichment Experience for Social Justice (direct service), Global Inquiry (research), and Professional Venture (internship) that helps them meet their academic and professional goals and become transformational leaders.
Hesburgh-Yusko Scholars are required to remain in good academic standing with the University of Notre Dame. Should scholars fall out of good academic standing with the University, their scholarships will be terminated.
Hesburgh-Yusko scholarships are awarded independently of any Financial Aid that students may qualify for and receive. The availability of the scholarship and status will typically end four years from the date of initial enrollment as a merit scholar and will not be extended to additional semesters to account for any semesters during which students were not merit scholars.
If recipients are dismissed from the University for disciplinary reasons, including academic dishonesty, they will lose the scholarship and status as a scholar and will not be reconsidered.