Posse Scholars Program
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Commitment to service
- Open to students from any college or major
- Recipients must be Posse Foundation Scholars from the New Orleans, Louisiana, area
- An annual award for a full tuition scholarship. Additionally, the University will meet 100% of demonstrated financial need for the full cost of attendance.
- Mandatory participation in a funded one-week Outward Bound Wilderness Leadership Canoe Expedition in the Boundary Waters with other first-year merit scholars.
- Advising and mentoring from a designated Posse mentor.
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment.
- Scholars must remain in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University. If scholars are subject to academic or disciplinary dismissal, they will lose their scholarship and status as a scholar and will not be reconsidered.
- Students are required to maintain satisfactory academic progress to retain their financial aid eligibility. Students who do not maintain satisfactory academic progress can regain their financial aid eligibility once they have raised their cumulative grade point average to 2.0 and have earned enough hours to put them back on pace to graduate (earned 67% of cumulative hours attempted) within the maximum time frame.
- University merit scholarship consideration is given for a maximum of eight semesters (ten semesters for the five-year Architecture program). Scholarship eligibility is not extended to account for any semester(s) the scholar did not meet scholarship requirements.