Greater China Scholars Program
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Commitment to service
- Open to students from any college or major
- Recipients must be residents of China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan
Scholarship and Enrichment Awards
- The number of scholarships and amount of scholarships varies each year.
- Several smaller enrichment awards of $5,000, each in support of scholars' summer explorations in international studies, service, and/or research, or an academic internship.
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment.
- Maintenance of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. If a scholar’s cumulative GPA falls below this requirement at the conclusion of their second semester of freshman year, or at the conclusion of any semester thereafter, they will be placed on scholarship probation and retain the scholarship for the next semester. They will then have the opportunity to reestablish a cumulative GPA over 3.0. If for two consecutive semesters they have a cumulative average below 3.0, the scholarship will be revoked for the following semester. A scholar will regain the scholarship if their cumulative average returns to 3.0 or higher.
- Maintenance of good academic and disciplinary standing. If a scholar is subject to academic or disciplinary probation or dismissal, they will automatically lose their scholarship and status as a scholar and will not be reconsidered.
- University merit scholarship consideration is given for a maximum of eight semesters (ten semesters for the five-year Architecture program). Scholarship eligibility is not extended to account for any semester(s) the scholar did not meet scholarship requirements.